Challenges for HR- practitioners during and after a pandemic
The advent of COVID-19 changed the working lives of all of us. Most of us switched to remote work, and those who remained in the office worked in shifts with few people. Measures for social distance, disinfection, etc. were needed everywhere. And if this situation is complicated for each of us, it is even more complicated for people who are professionally engaged in managing people in the organization. Their work role changed radically, as they had to deal with all the challenges of remote work, the worries and fears of the employees, the unclear horizon for future work, and so on. It has allowed the profession to stand out and take its rightful strategic role in companies, but it has also revealed many challenges that HR practitioners need to address in the future. The purpose of this article is to outline not only the difficulties that HR practitioners have faced during the 2020 pandemic, but also the challenges they will face after the end of the pandemic. This article contains the results of the author's research, but most of the data have been collected through secondary sources such as research articles, publications, journals, websites etc.
2. Baska M, 2020.How are people teams responding to coronavirus? …UK Export Finance. Available at: https://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/long-reads/articles/how-peopleteams-responding-coronavirus-uk-export-finance
3. Collings, D. & Sheeren, R., 2020. Research insights: Global mobility in a post-covid world, Irish Journal of Management, 39(2), 77-84, DOI: 10.2478/ijm-2020-0002
4. Gandhi, L. 2021. HR Challenges in the Post-Covid-19 World, EFFECTIVE EXECUTIVE, Vol. XXIV, No. 1, 43-54
5. Gartner, 2020a. Gartner HR Survey Shows 86% of Organizations Are Conducting Virtual Interviews to Hire Candidates During Coronavirus Pandemic. Gartner. https://www.gartner.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/2020-04-30-gartner-hr-survey-shows-86--of-organizations-are-cond
6. Gartner, 2020b. Gartner HR Survey Reveals 88% of Organizations Have Encouraged or Required Employees to Work From Home Due to Coronavirus. Gartner. https://www.gartner.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/2020-03-19-gartner-hr-survey-reveals-88--of-organizations-have-e
7. Grigorova, T., 2021. Chetiridnevnata rabotna sedmitsha- ne dali, a koga. Available at: https://www.economic.bg/bg/a/view/chetiridnevnata-rabotna-sedmica-ne-dali-a-koga, [Accessed on December, 2021]
8. Kaur, R.& Shan, R., 2021. HR Initiatives to Establish the New Normal in COVID-19 Scenario, Jaipuria International Journal of Management Research, 7(01), 42-46, DOI:10.22552/jijmr/2021/v7/i1/209142
9. Kumar. P., 2021. V-5 Model of Employee Engagement During COVID-19 and Post Lockdown, Vision-The Journal of Business Perspective, DOI: 10.1177/0972262920980878
10. ManpowerGroup Bulgaria, 2021. Chetvurtata vulna na COVID-19, Available at: https://manpower.bg/uploads/pdf/blog/Covid-19-4th-wave.pdf, [Accessed on September, 2021]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
By submitting a paper for publishing the authors hereby comply with the following provisions: 1. The authors retain the copyrights and only give the journal the right for first publication while licensing the work under Creative Commons Attribution License, which grants permissions to others to share the contribution citing this journal as first publication of the text. 2. The authors may enter separate, additional contractual relations for non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work in this journal (e.g. to upload it in an institutional depository, or to be published in a book), given that they cite the first publication in this journal. 3. The authors are allowed and are encouraged to publish their works online (e.g. to upload it in an institutional depository, personal websites, social networks, etc.) before, during, and after the submission of the paper here, because this may lead to productive exchange, as well as earlier and larger referencing of the published works (see The Effect of Open Access).